Get Rid Of Dark Elbows And Knees Naturally
How To Get Rid Of Dark Elbows And Knees Naturally: Rough, darkened knees and elbows are a common problem. They become dark because of dead skin cells. Elbow skin is naturally thicker and more prone to moisture loss than other skin. On top of it, the wear and tear of leaning over them can further roughen the skin and make it coarse.
Don’t neglect your dark elbows and knees during body care and moisturizing regimens. In this article, you will find methods about how to get rid of dark elbows and knees. To get rid of dark elbows and knees you don’t need to rush off to an expensive salon. The good news is that you can lighten your dark elbows and knees with natural home remedies for dark elbows that bleach or exfoliate dark elbows and knees. A word of caution is not to use any ingredient if you are allergic to it.
Follow these home remedies for getting rid of dark elbows and knees naturally.
READ ALSO: Whiten Underarms Fast and Naturally
1. Lemon: It is an antioxidant. In addition, it has bleaching and exfoliating properties, and so can be used to get rid of dark skin / dead cells on various parts of your body, including dark elbows and knees. It also clears the way for healthy cell reproduction.
Cut a large lemon into two halves. Squeeze out a little juice from both halves, so that you have two small cups. Scrub each lemon half onto your elbows and knees for 10 to 15 minutes. Rub away the pulp. Keep the cleansed areas away from sunlight by staying indoors or covering them with some loose clothing. However, do not put water on the cleansed areas. Moisturize the areas with pure petroleum jelly or vaseline. Your elbows or knees will feel smoother and softer. Repeat this process every day for a couple of weeks to see significant improvement. Continue with this treatment till your elbows and knees are lightened, and thereafter as and when needed.
2. Fresh Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, and Salt: Mix 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice with 1tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 cup of sea or table salt in a small glass bowl. Mix the ingredients well. The lemon juice acts as acidic to eliminate dead skin cells, uncovering lighter skin from underneath plus it also works as a mild natural bleaching agent. The grainy property of the salt makes it work as a gentle exfoliant to remove dead skin cells. In addition, olive oil works as a moisturizer. Rub this mixed paste onto your dark elbows and knees every day for 10 to 15 minutes to see a significant difference in a few weeks.
Caution: If the lemon stings your elbow or affected dark area unbearably, your skin might be super dry. If such is the case with you, you need to moisturize it with petroleum jelly or vaseline a night before you use the lemon.
READ ALSO: Natural Ways to Lighten Dark Underarms
3. Baking Soda mixed with Milk: Mixed these two ingredients well to make a thick paste. Apply this paste onto your elbows and knees and rub it in circular motions. Repeat this treatment every day or every alternate day, till your dark knees and elbows are lightened.
Caution: If the affected area on your elbows and knees is bruised or cracked, avoid using lemon or salt ingredients thereon.
4. Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice: Mix one tsp. of coconut oil with 1/2 tsp. of lemon juice in a small glass bowl. Rub this natural whitening solution onto your dark elbows and knees and leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes. Wipe off any excess lotion using paper towels. Coconut oil is not only very soothing, but it works as a hydrating agent and natural bleacher.
5. Olive Oil and Sugar: Mix one tbsp. of olive oil with one tsp. of sugar to form a scrubbing paste. Before taking a bath rub this scrubbing paste onto your dark elbows and knees for few minutes.
Other Natural Beauty Tips:
(A) If none of the above home remedies for getting rid of dark knees or elbows work then we suggest you try a skin bleaching lotion.
(B) After using any ingredient to exfoliate or scrub your dark elbows or knees, remember to moisturize the area with coconut oil or any other moisturizer or even petroleum jelly or vaseline to prevent re-occurrence of darkening of the affected areas.
Apply the above methods to get rid of dark elbows and knees daily and consistently. Be patient and you will see the difference in a few weeks.