Don’t Like Those Grey Hairs? Try This Trick With Potato Peels
Got grey hairs? You might be able to reduce them with just some potato peels!
Grey hair – we all have to deal with it at some point in our lives. Some people get their first grey hairs in their early twenties, while others go without them for a very long time. Once you’ve spotted your very first grey hair, however, you know there’s no turning back. They’re definitely here to stay! You can accept it and rock those grey hairs, or if you’re not comfortable with that yet, you can also do all kinds of things to get rid of them.
This trick with potato peels can help you to reduce those grey hairs before you know it!
Dying your hair is quite an intensive activity. You can do it at home or go to a salon to let someone else do it for you, but either way, it takes up a lot of time and money. Plus, you have to keep doing it if you want your hair to keep looking good. Luckily, there’s now a new trick out there that’s much less expensive and at least as effective as hair dye. All you need for this trick is a bag of potatoes! Potato peels contain an enzyme called catecholase.
This enzyme is used in cosmetic products aimed at evening out skin tones. However, while it evens out your skin this enzyme can also add a little colour to your hair! The potato peels won’t damage your hair, which can’t be said about most of the chemical hair dyes, so it’s worth a try, right?
Colouring your hair with potato peels sounds completely ridiculous, of course, but it works! And it’s super easy as well. Follow these steps to get it done:
- Boil a couple of potatoes for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the peels from the potatoes and blitz them up in a blender (the peels, not the potatoes).
- Wash your hair like you normally would and apply the potato peel mush to your hair afterwards.
- Let the potato peel mush sit and soak for at least 15 minutes and then rinse it out with water.
- Treat your hair with a hair mask or conditioner to get rid of the potato smell.
- That’s it!